Information technology -- Coding of audio-visual objects -- Part 1: Systems
This standard has been revised by ISO/IEC 14496-1:2010.
ISO/IEC 14496-1:2004 specifies system-level functionalities for the communication of interactive audio-visual scenes. It specifies the following tools:
- a terminal model for time and buffer management;
- a coded representation of metadata for the identification, description and logical dependencies of the elementary streams;
- a coded representation object content information, a descriptive audio-visual content information;
- an interface to intellectual property management and protection systems;
- a coded representation of synchronization information; and
- a multiplexed representation of individual elementary streams in a single stream.