This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 14495-2:2003 defines a set of lossless (bit-preserving) and nearly lossless (where the error for each reconstructed sample is bounded by a predefined value) compression methods for coding continuous-tone (including bi-level), gray-scale, or colour digital still images.
- specifies extensions (including arithmetic coding, extension of near lossless coding, extension of prediction and extension of Golomb coding) to processes for converting source image data to compressed image data;
- specifies extensions to processes for converting compressed image data to reconstructed image data including an extension for sample tranformation for inverse colour transforms;
- specifies coded representations for compressed image data;
- provides guidance on how to implement these processes in practice.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2003-04
Edition: 2Number of pages: 55
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information
- ICS :
- 35.040.30 Coding of graphical and photographical information
Buy this standard
|std 1 187|
|std 2 187||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.