ISO/IEC 13818-11:2004 Preview
Information technology -- Generic coding of moving pictures and associated audio information -- Part 11: IPMP on MPEG-2 systems
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2019. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 13818-11:2004 specifies IPMP (Intellectual Property Management and Protection) on the MPEG-2 system. MPEG-2 IPMP offers flexibility, robustness and interoperability, which allows the secure content delivery in the MPEG-2 system. MPEG-2 IPMP can be used in combination with proprietary IPMP tools, which enables the implementation to various degrees of security for different business models, while maintaining the interoperability.
ISO/IEC 13818-11:2004 specifies:
- syntax and semantics for IPMP control information which includes tool list, tool container and rights container;
- syntax and semantics for IPMP descriptors, which facilitates IPMP protection signalling;
- syntax and semantics of IPMP data extending from the common base class IPMP_Data_BaseClass to support the following functionalities:
- mutual authentication for IPMP tool to IPMP tool as well as IPMP tool to terminal communication,
- the requesting by IPMP tools of the connection/disconnection to requested IPMP tools,
- the notification to IPMP tools of the connection/disconnection of IPMP tools,
- common IPMP processing,
- IPMP tool to/from user interaction;
- syntax and semantics for IPMP information carriage to and from IPMP tools;
- syntax and semantics for the request and transfer of content and IPMP tools between terminals;
- XML syntax and semantics for the description of the environment in which the MPEG-2 terminal/application is operating;
- a list of registration authorities required for the support of the specifications found herein.
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda