ISO/TR 16056-2:2004 builds on the introduction to telehealth described in Part 1: Introduction and definitions, and focuses on the technical standards related to real-time applications (including video, audio, and data conferencing) and interoperability aspects of telehealth systems and networks.
Specifically, this document addresses four main areas:
- Standards for real-time telehealth systems: The document describes the technical standards related to real-time telehealth applications, including audio, video, and data conferencing capabilities. It also identifies gaps, overlaps and inconsistencies in the standards, and provides some guidance about how they need to evolve.
- Interoperability issues in telehealth applications: The document examines interoperability aspects of real-time multimedia conferencing standards and telehealth products, and identifies areas of concern from the interoperability perspective that need to be resolved.
- Requirements for interoperable telehealth systems and networks: The document defines interoperability requirements at different levels of interaction between telehealth systems and provides some guidelines on how interoperability can be achieved.
- Framework for interoperable architectures: The document identifies interoperable building blocks for telehealth solutions and interactions between these building blocks, and explores the possibility of standardization of these building blocks.
The scope of the document does not include conformity and interoperability tests or functional specifications for telehealth systems and networks.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2004-07
Edition: 1Number of pages: 45
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 215 Health informatics
- ICS :
- 35.240.80 IT applications in health care technology
Buy this standard
|std 1 166|
|std 2 166||Paper|
ISO/TR 16056-2:2004Stage: 60.60
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.