Industrial automation systems and integration -- Product data representation and exchange -- Part 522: Application interpreted construct: Machining features
ISO 10303-522:2003 specifies the interpretation of the integrated resources to satisfy requirements for machining feature use across a range of application protocols. The product data is based on existing part designs that have their shapes represented by machining features. ISO 10303-522:2003 supports digital representation for computer integrated manufacturing.
The following are within the scope of ISO 10303-522:2003:
- features that are to be manufactured by either milling or turning processes;
- machining features for defining shapes necessary for manufacturing;
NOTE The machining feature set is defined in ISO 10303-224.
- machining feature definition elements necessary for creating machining features;
- shape representations necessary for creating machining features;
- features that can be replicated in patterns;
- implicit representation of machining features through selection of standard parameters.
The following are outside the scope of ISO 10303-522:2003:
- feature order or sequence;
- design features of a part.
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda