Building automation and control systems (BACS) -- Part 6: Data communication conformance testing
ISO 16484-6:2005 defines a standard method for verifying that an implementation of the BACnet protocol provides each capability claimed in its Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PICS) in conformance with the BACnet standard (ISO 16484-5).
ISO 16484-6:2005 provides a comprehensive set of procedures for verifying the correct implementation of each capability claimed on a BACnet PICS, including the following:
- support of each claimed BACnet service, either as an initiator, executor, or both;
- support of each claimed BACnet object-type, including both required properties and each claimed optional property;
- support of the BACnet network layer protocol;
- support of each claimed data link option;
- support of all claimed special functionality.
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda