ISO 16962:2005 specifies a glow discharge optical emission spectrometric method for the determination of the thickness, mass per unit area and chemical composition of metallic surface coatings consisting of zinc- and/or aluminium-based materials. The alloying elements considered are nickel, iron, silicon, lead and antimony.
This method is applicable to
- zinc contents between 0,01 mass % and 100 mass %;
- aluminium contents between 0,01 mass % and 100 mass %;
- nickel contents between 0,01 mass % and 20 mass %;
- iron contents between 0,01 mass % and 20 mass %;
- silicon contents between 0,01 mass % and 10 mass %;
- lead contents between 0,005 mass % and 2 mass %;
- antimony contents between 0,005 mass % and 2 mass %.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2005-10
Edition: 1Number of pages: 32
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 201/SC 8 Glow discharge spectroscopy
- ICS :
- 71.040.40 Chemical analysis
ISO 16962:2005Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.