ISO 12215-3:2002 Preview
Small craft -- Hull construction and scantlings -- Part 3: Materials: Steel, aluminium alloys, wood, other materials
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2010. Therefore this version remains current.
This part of ISO 12215 specifies requirements for materials intended for use in the construction of the hull, superstructure and appendages, in particular:
- weldable normal and higher strength hot-rolled steel plates, wide flats, sections and bars;
- austenitic stainless steels, fabricated in the form of plates or profiles;
- wrought aluminium alloys fabricated as plates, sections and extruded profiles;
- wood in the form of solid timber, plywood or veneer;
- other suitable materials.
This part of ISO 12215 applies to small craft with a hull length (LH) according to ISO 8666 of up to 24 m.
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda
Now under review