All graphical symbols referenced in this standard can be purchase from the Online Browsing Platform
ISO/IEC 13251:2004 is a bilingual standard (English/French). It provides a certain number of graphical symbols that are typically used on office equipment such as computers, printers, telephones and copying machines.
It comprises four sections:
- Section 1 giving general information, provisions and requirements about the use and application of graphical symbols;
- Section 2 providing an alphabetical index, a numerical index and a graphical overview of all the graphical symbols described in Section 4 of the Standard;
- Section 3 presenting the graphical symbols selected with the corresponding application, in numerical order;
- Section 4 containing the symbol originals for reproduction purposes, in numerical order, with the position and size of each graphical symbol described.
Each graphical symbol in Section 3 of the Standard is specified with:
- the symbol itself;
- a number that is the application symbol number from the International Standard (ISO 7000 or IEC 60417) from which it is derived;
- its definition;
- a note for technical clarification when necessary.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2004-05
Corrected version (en): 2005-06
Corrected version (fr): 2005-06
Edition: 1Number of pages: 195
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 35 User interfaces
ISO/IEC 13251:2004Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.