ISO/IEC 13251:2004 Preview
Collection of graphical symbols for office equipment
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2009. Therefore this version remains current.
All graphical symbols referenced in this standard can be purchase from the Online Browsing Platform
ISO/IEC 13251:2004 is a bilingual standard (English/French). It provides a certain number of graphical symbols that are typically used on office equipment such as computers, printers, telephones and copying machines.
It comprises four sections:
- Section 1 giving general information, provisions and requirements about the use and application of graphical symbols;
- Section 2 providing an alphabetical index, a numerical index and a graphical overview of all the graphical symbols described in Section 4 of the Standard;
- Section 3 presenting the graphical symbols selected with the corresponding application, in numerical order;
- Section 4 containing the symbol originals for reproduction purposes, in numerical order, with the position and size of each graphical symbol described.
Each graphical symbol in Section 3 of the Standard is specified with:
- the symbol itself;
- a number that is the application symbol number from the International Standard (ISO 7000 or IEC 60417) from which it is derived;
- its definition;
- a note for technical clarification when necessary.