ISO/IEC 13251:2004 is a bilingual standard (English/French). It provides a certain number of graphical symbols that are typically used on office equipment such as computers, printers, telephones and copying machines.
It comprises four sections:
- Section 1 giving general information, provisions and requirements about the use and application of graphical symbols;
- Section 2 providing an alphabetical index, a numerical index and a graphical overview of all the graphical symbols described in Section 4 of the Standard;
- Section 3 presenting the graphical symbols selected with the corresponding application, in numerical order;
- Section 4 containing the symbol originals for reproduction purposes, in numerical order, with the position and size of each graphical symbol described.
Each graphical symbol in Section 3 of the Standard is specified with:
- the symbol itself;
- a number that is the application symbol number from the International Standard (ISO 7000 or IEC 60417) from which it is derived;
- its definition;
- a note for technical clarification when necessary.
Status : WithdrawnPublication date : 2004-05
Corrected version (en) : 2005-06
Corrected version (fr) : 2005-06
Edition : 1Number of pages : 195
Technical Committee:User interfaces