ISO 16175-1 establishes fundamental principles and functional requirements for software used to create and manage digital records in office environments. It is intended to be used in conjunction with ISO 16175-2 and ISO 16175-3.
ISO 16175-1 establishes the principles of good practice, guiding principles, implementation guidelines and lists risks and mitigations for the purpose of
- enabling better management of records in organisations;
- supporting the business needs of an organisation by enabling greater effectiveness and efficiency of the operations;
- providing, through wider deployment of automated records functionality, enhanced abilities to support auditing activities;
- improving capabilities to comply with statutory mandates specified in various information-related legislation (for example, data protection and privacy);
- ensuring good governance (for example, accountability, transparency and enhanced service delivery) through good management of records;
- increasing general awareness of automated records management capabilities via the dissemination of key principles; and
- maximizing cross-jurisdictional consistency regarding the articulation of functional requirements for managing records and to enable the global archives, records and information management community to speak with one voice to the software vendor community.
Текущий статус : WithdrawnДата публикации : 2010-12
Версия : 1
Технический комитет:Archives/records management