ISO/IEC 18013-2:2008 establishes guidelines for the content and formatting of data stored on an ISO compliant driving licence (IDL) using machine-readable technologies. It creates a common basis for the international use of IDL data without restricting individual domestic or regional driver licensing authorities from applying their specific data policies.
ISO/IEC 18013-2:2008 specifies the following items.
- Mandatory and optional machine-readable data. Machine-readable IDL data support the following functions (subject in some cases to the inclusion of appropriate optional data elements):
- confirming the driving privileges of a driver;
- enabling a link to be established to a driving privilege database;
- age verification;
- identity verification;
- biographical data verification;
- evidence of residence;
- biometric authentication;
- document authentication and validation.
- The logical data structure.
- Encoding methods for the following:
- cases where the memory capacity available to the IDL application does not exceed 5 kB, typically applicable to 2D barcode symbologies, high-coercivity high-density magnetic stripe and limited memory capacity integrated circuits (contactless and those with contacts);
- integrated circuits (contactless and those with contacts) where the memory capacity available to the IDL application exceeds 5 kB;
- optical memory.
Текущий статус : WithdrawnДата публикации : 2008-05
Версия : 1
Технический комитет:Cards and security devices for personal identification