ISO 18589-1:2005 specifies the general requirements to carry out radionuclides tests on soil sample, including sampling.
ISO 18589-1:2005 is addressed to people responsible for determining the radioactivity present in soils for the purpose of radiation protection. This may concern soils from gardens and farmland, urban or industrial sites, as well as soil not affected by human activities.
ISO 18589-1:2005 is applicable to all laboratories regardless of the number of personnel or the extent of the scope of testing activities. When a laboratory does not undertake one or more of the activities covered by this part of ISO 18589, such as planning, sampling or testing, the requirements of those clauses do not apply.
ISO 18589-1:2005 is to be used in conjunction with other parts of ISO 18589 that outline the setting up of programmes and sampling techniques, methods of general processing of samples in the laboratory and also methods for measuring the radioactivity in soil.
ISO 18589-1:2005 is applicable if radionuclide measurements for the purpose of radiation protection are to be made in following cases:
- initial characterization of radioactivity in the environment;
- routine surveillance of the impact of nuclear installations or of the evolution of the general territory;
- investigations of accident and incident situations;
- planning and surveillance of remedial action;
- decommissioning of installations or clearance of materials.
Текущий статус : WithdrawnДата публикации : 2005-05
Версия : 1Число страниц : 13
Технический комитет:Radiological protection