- introduces the Spatial part of ISO/IEC 13249 (all parts);
- gives the references necessary for ISO/IEC 13249-3:2003;
- defines notations and conventions specific to ISO/IEC 13249-3:2003;
- defines concepts specific to ISO/IEC 13249-3:2003;
- defines spatial user-defined types and their associated routines.
The spatial user-defined types defined in ISO/IEC 13249-3:2003 adhere to the following.
- A spatial user-defined type is generic to spatial data handling. It addresses the need to store, manage and retrieve information based on aspects of spatial data such as geometry, location and topology.
- A spatial user-defined type does not redefine the database language SQL directly or in combination with another spatial data type.
Implementations of ISO/IEC 13249-3:2003 may exist in environments that also support geographic information, decision support, data mining and data warehousing systems.
Application areas addressed by implementations of ISO/IEC 13249-3:2003 include, but are not restricted to, automated mapping, desktop mapping, facilities management, geoengineering, graphics, multimedia and resource management applications.
Текущий статус : WithdrawnДата публикации : 2003-10
Версия : 2
Технический комитет:Data management and interchange