ISO 10303-518:2002 specifies the interpretation of the integrated resources to satisfy requirements for the description of the visual presentation of shaded shape. Basic presentation attributes, such as colour, can be associated with points, curves, surfaces, and topological constructs. Advanced visualization properties, such as surface reflectance and transparency, may be applied to curves and surfaces. The projection algorithm includes light sources and hidden line and hidden surface removal. The description of annotation is not included.
The following are within the scope of ISO 10303-518:2002:
- the visual presentation of mechanical design shape representations;
- the assignment of visual presentation attributes to geometric and topological items;
- algorithms for the projection of 3D shapes onto planes;
- the location of shape projections within a window;
- multiple views within one window;
- the background colour of a window;
- hidden line and hidden surface removal;
- light sources;
- point, curve, and surface colour;
- point font;
- curve font;
- curve styles dependent on the role of the curves in the definition of a surface;
EXAMPLE Boundary curves and grid curves play different roles in the definition of a surface.
- shaded and unshaded surface colour;
- surface characteristics such as transparency and reflectance;
- pre-defined colours;
- pre-defined curve styles.
The following are outside the scope of ISO 10303-518:2002:
- the presentation of annotation, i.e. text and symbols;
- the assignment of geometric items to layers;
- multiple windows;
- representation of products.
NOTE The scope of ISO 10303-518:2002 is closely related to ISO 10303-517. This part extends the scope of ISO 10303-517 to also include hidden line and hidden surface representations, light sources, and curve and surface rendering.
Текущий статус : WithdrawnДата публикации : 2002-08
Версия : 1
Технический комитет:Industrial data