The first form of institutionalized standardization activities in the former Kingdom of Yugoslavia was established in 1939.
Throughout the history the Institute for Standardization of Serbia (ISS) has changed its legal status and official name on several occasions. In this regard, the Institute for Standardization of Serbia is the legal successor of the Institution for Standardization (2006-2003), Federal Institution for Standardization (2003-1978), Yugoslav Institute of Standardization (1978-1962) and the Federal Commission for Standardization (1962-1946).
Pursuant to the Law on Standardization („Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia“ No. 36/2009 and 46/2015) and the Decision on Amending of the Founding Act of the Institute for Standardization of Serbia („Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia“ No. 93/2015 and No. 27/2016) the Institute for Standardization of Serbia is the only recognized national standards body in the Republic of Serbia, a legal entity which operates in accordance with the regulations governing the legal status of public services. The founder of the Institute is the Government of the Republic of Serbia.
The Institute represents the interests of the Republic of Serbia in the following international and European organizations for standardization:
In addition, the Institute is also engaged in activities regarding the accession of Serbia to WTO.
Institute for Standardization of Serbia
Stevana Brakusa 2
P.O. Box 2105
Тел.: +381 11 65 47 096 / +381 11 6547 096
Факс: +381 11 75 41 258 / +381 11 7541 258