The Thai Industrial Standards Institute (TISI) has been established as a department under the Ministry of Industry since 1 January 1969 by virtue of the Industrial Product Standards Act B.E. 2511 (1968). Its principal responsibility is to carry out national standardization activities in order to promote the development of Thai products to the acceptable quality, to increase the competitiveness of Thai industry in the world market, and to preserve the environment as well as to protect consumers by ensuring safety in lives and property.
To accomplish its responsibility, TISI has the following mission:
- National standards development and product certification
- Standardization promotion
- Cooperation with international and regional standardization organizations and foreign standards bodies
- Standards information centre
- Community product standards development and certification.
Thai Industrial Standards Institute
Ministry of Industry
Rama VI Street
Тел.: +66 2 430 6831
Факс: +66 2 354 30 41