Consumer goods we rely on every day travel long distances across international borders at relatively little cost thanks to freight containers. With the new ISO online collection, get the latest information on all your freight container needs – lifting, loading, stacking, securing and storing – from one single source.
The new collection covers a wide variety of freight containers which include air/surface (intermodal) containers, containers on board vessels, tank containers, platform and platform-based containers. It is an important contribution ISO makes to global trade to help ensure the safety, quality and usability of the containers that ship goods all around the world.
Among this collection are the ISO standards for 45 ft containers, as well as those for 20 ft and 40 ft. Also featured are standards for special containers, such as tank containers for liquids, gases, non-pressurized dry bulk and pressurized dry bulk, and thermal containers.
Container aspects addressed by the standards include:
- Test methods
- Handling and securing of containers
- Container equipment
- Coding, identification and marking
- Data exchange (CEDEX)
This online collection is the latest to be made available through the ISO Online Browsing Platform (OBP), which already contains the quality management, environmental management and food safety management families of standards.
Benefits of online collections
With an ISO online collection, you are always guaranteed:
- The most up-to-date content: when a change is made to a standard in the collection, your online library is updated immediately
- Easy navigation: moving between standards has never been easier with embedded links that let you "jump" from one standard to another
- Universal access: you can access your library from any computer or tablet as long as you have an Internet connection
This online collection is available from ISO members with an ISOlutions webstore.
Please contact the ISO member in your country to see if they offer this, or a similar, product.
- Freight containers