Created by Decree No. 0227/PR/MIMT of 23 June 2014, the Agence Gabonaise de Normalisation (AGANOR) is a state-owned industrial and administrative institution.
AGANOR operates under the technical supervision of the Minister for Industry. It is legally incorporated and has independent administrative and financial management.
AGANOR is the national body for standards, conformity assessment and metrology. To that end, its mission includes:
- promoting quality in Gabon;
- training and supporting Gabonese companies in a quality approach;
- developing, approving and disseminating Gabonese standards;
- managing the national conformity assessment system;
- managing the national metrology system;
- managing the WTO Technical Barriers to Trade national enquiry point;
- managing the CEMAC national metrology focal point; and
- representing Gabon in international standardization bodies.
AGANOR is made up of a Board of Directors, General Management and an Accounting Department.
Agence Gabonaise de Normalisation
Ministère de l'Economie, du Commerce, de l'Industrie et du Tourisme
Tel: +241 0145 05 78
Fax: +241 0145 05 79