The Yemen Standardization, Metrology and Quality Control Organization (YSMO) is considered to be the only national authority specialized in standards and specifications. Its objectives are to prepare standards for the fields of production, construction services, hall marking as well as the distribution, importing and exporting of goods
The duties of YSMO are as follows:
- To establish a national system for standardization and metrology based on modern scientific principles.
- To support the national economy by ensuring high quality of local goods and products through appropriate standard specifications, which enhance the efficiency of goods and products and upgrade their competitiveness.
- To enhance the capabilities of exporters of industrial, agricultural products, and other locally manufactured goods and products by the provision of data, information and specifications of the countries which import these goods and products.
- To issue compliance, calibration and quality certificates required for all imported, exported and locally manufactured products.
- To provide technical advice in the fields of metrology, standardization and quality control to the manufacturers, importers and exporters.