Membership: Member body
The National Standardization Agency of Indonesia (Badan Standardisasi Nasional - BSN), was established in 1997 under the Presidential Decree 13/1997 and enhanced by the Presidential Decree No 166/2000. BSN is a government institution, but not a department or a ministry, having the responsibility to develop and promote national standardization in Indonesia. The Agency took over the function and duty of the Standardization Council of Indonesia (Dewan Standardisasi Nasional - DSN).
The organization has the following prime tasks:
1) To facilitate and support the development of a National System of Standardization under the framework provided in PP 102/2000
2) To provide policies and guidelines for all processes of national standardization ensuring the adoption of international best practices
3) To facilitate the development of a conformity assessment system
4) To promote and facilitate the participation of stakeholders in standards development and conformity assessment.
5) To provide standardization information and training services, and promote the application of SNI
6) To represent Indonesia in various international organizations and fora on standard and conformity assessment.
National Standardization Agency of Indonesia (Badan Standardisasi Nasional)
Gedung I Badan Pengkajian dan Penerapan Teknologi (BPPT)
Lantai 9-14 - Jl. M.H. Thamrin No.8
Tel: +62 21 3927422
Fax: +62 21 3927527