Membership: Member body
The Institut Luxembourgeois de la Normalisation, de l'Accréditation, de la Sécurité et qualité des produits et services (ILNAS) is a public service under the authority of the Minister in charge of the Economy.
For complementarity, efficiency and transparency reasons and for the purposes of administrative simplification, ILNAS brings together under a single entity several administrative and technical activities which used to come under the authority of several public entities, such as standardization, accreditation, audits of laboratory good practices, market surveillance of electric and telecommunication equipment, toy safety and general product safety, digital confidence, quality promotion, legal metrology and the designation of notified organizations according to the "New Approach" directives.
ILNAS is a competency network at the service of competitiveness and consumer protection.
The Luxembourg's standards body within ILNAS represents Luxembourg's interests in the European standardization organizations (CEN, CENELEC and ETSI) and the international standardization organizations (ISO and the IEC).
ILNAS's terms of reference in the field of standardization are:
- to organize, coordinate and develop the wording, dissemination and implementation of normative documents at national level;
- to ensure the participation of the various economic sectors in the development of European and International standards;
- to implement European standards at national level;
- to set up a standards watch;
- to promote the use of standards.
Institut luxembourgeois de la normalisation, de l'accréditation, de la sécurité et qualité des produits et services
1, avenue du Swing
Tel: +352 247 743 00
Fax: +352 247 943 10