ISO 50047:2016 describes approaches for the determination of energy savings in organizations. It can be used by all organizations, whether or not they have an energy management system, such as ISO 50001.
ISO 50047:2016 addresses the following topics in the context of energy savings:
· establishing the purpose of determining energy savings;
· determining boundaries;
· energy accounting, including primary and delivered energy and the use of common energy units;
· selecting an approach for the determination of energy savings;
· establishing an energy baseline;
· normalization of energy consumption;
· determination of energy savings;
· reporting and other matters.
Specific methods for the measurement and verification of energy performance and its improvement are outside the scope of ISO 50047:2016.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 41
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 301 Energy management and energy savings
- ICS :
- 27.010 Energy and heat transfer engineering in general
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 166|
|std 2 166||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.