This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 14490-1:2005 specifies the test methods for the determination of the following basic characteristics of telescopic systems and observational telescopic instruments:
- angular magnification;
- entrance pupil diameter;
- exit pupil diameter and eye relief;
- angular field of view in the object space;
- angular field of view in the image space;
- angular field of view in the object space for spectacle wearers;
- collimation of the bundle of rays emergent from the eyepiece;
- image rotation;
- closest distance of observation.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2005-10
Edition: 1Number of pages: 14
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 172/SC 4 Telescopic systems
- ICS :
- 37.020 Optical equipment
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 92|
|std 2 92||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.