ISO/IEC 15444-2:2004 defines a set of lossless (bit-preserving) and lossy compression methods for coding continuous-tone, bi-level, grey-scale, colour digital still images, or multi-component images.
- specifies extended decoding processes for converting compressed image data to reconstructed image data;
- specifies an extended codestream syntax containing information for interpreting the compressed image data;
- specifies an extended file format;
- specifies a container to store image metadata;
- defines a standard set of image metadata;
- provides guidance on extended encoding processes for converting source image data to compressed image data;
- provides guidance on how to implement these processes in practice.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2004-05
Edition : 1Number of pages : 321
Technical Committee:Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information
Buy this standard
|PDF on CD|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years