An organization's data is often its most valuable asset, and keeping it stored safely and effectively is increasingly a commercial and legal imperative. However the process of managing it can be complex, covering not only how it is stored but how to access it securely and communicate it across a wide range of media and devices.
ISO/IEC 27040:2015 Information technology - Security techniques - Storage security provides detailed technical guidance on how to effectively manage all aspects of data storage security, from the planning and design to the implementation and documentation.
It includes guidance on mitigating risks of data breaches and corruption and takes into account new technologies and the complexities of connectivity and supports the requirements of an Information Security Management System according to ISO/IEC 27001:2013, Information technology -- Security techniques -- Information security management systems -- Requirements.
ISO/IEC 27040:2015 aims to:
- help draw attention to risks;
- assist organizations in better securing their data when stored; and
- provide a basis for auditing, designing and reviewing storage security controls.
ISO/IEC 27040:2015 can be purchased from your national ISO member or from the ISO store.
- Information security, cybersecurity and privacy protection
- We are organizing a Google Hangout with 3 experts to answer your questions on ISO/IEC 27001 (information security management systems) on 5 December 2013...
- The revised version of the popular information security management system standard ISO/IEC 27001 is now available. The standard helps companies secure...