Membership: Member body
Standardization activities in Turkey started in 1930 when the provisions of Law 1705 - and subsequently of Law 3018, and the Regulations of the Ministerial Decree governing the control of Turkish export products - were published and put into force for practical application.
At first, two departments were set up to prepare agricultural and industrial standards. However, in order to secure coordination, it subsequently became apparent that it was necessary to establish a separate institution to serve the purpose.
In 1951, the Ministry of Economy and Commerce, jointly with the Union of Turkish Chambers of Commerce, Chambers of Industry and Commodity Exchanges, took into consideration the absolute necessity of standardization to support the speedy development of local industry as well as the worldwide trade movement. The Türk Standardlari Enstitüsü (TSE) was set up on 7 October 1954 as an autonomous institute affiliated to the Union. On 22 November 1960, by Organization Law 132, the TSE acquired the status of a legal entity administered under the provisions of Civil Law
Türk Standardlari Enstitüsü
Necatibey Cad. 112
Tel: +90 312 416 62 58 / +90 312 416 66 11
Fax: +90 312 417 25 51