Licence Agreement / Single User Licence
Between the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the purchaser (Single User) of the Content (e.g. ISO standard(s)). The Content covered by this Licence Agreement is listed in this "Order review". The Content and all parts of it is copyright protected. Copyright in the Content and its parts is owned by ISO.
By buying the Content the Single User is bound by the conditions of this Licence Agreement.
The conditions depend on the type of use the Single User selects, however, the permitted use is in any case only for one person (Single User). If the Single User needs a broader permission, such as for reproducing copies for his colleagues or for posting the Content on an intranet then he can request the permission at email@example.com.
I. Type of Use
1. Paper Copy
If the Single User bought a Paper Copy of the Content then he is permitted to use that Paper Copy. However he is not permitted to e.g. scan, copy or post a scanned copy of the Paper Copy.
2. Downloadable Electronic Copy
If the Single User bought a Downloadable Electronic Copy of the Content from ISO's servers or a CD in whatever format the copy is offered (e.g. PDF, ePub, iPad) then he is permitted to download and store one copy on his personal device and to print out one copy. Further copying of the entire Content or parts thereof, posting on the internet or other use is not permitted.
If the Single User bought the Downloadable Electronic Copy to be downloaded from ISO's servers then he needs to do this within 7 days from the purchase date.
3. Online Content
If the Single User bought an online subscription to an electronic format of the Content (e.g. collection of ISO standards, or single ISO standards) then he is allowed to view only the Content. No further use is permitted. The Online Content cannot and shall not be downloaded. The Single User is neither permitted to copy the entirety or parts of the Online Content nor to store, to share or to print out the Content.
The term of the View Only subscription is (1) year and the beginning and end of the term is indicated on the "Order overview".
II. General Conditions
The following are General Conditions applying to any Single User:
1. The username and password are provided to the Single User only. The username and password shall not be forwarded to others.
2. If the Single User does not respect the above conditions then ISO is allowed to terminate this Licence Agreement and to cut the Single User access to the Content at any time without any further notice. No fees will be reimbursed.
3. Violation of the above conditions may lead to sanctions or could create liability issues for the Single User.
4. The Content is provided as is, without any warranties including accuracy and correctness of the Content, or for being fit for any individual needs.
5. ISO's liability for damages caused is limited to gross negligence or intentional behavior.
6. The law applicable to the Licence Agreement or any dispute arising out of or in relation to this Agreement shall be exclusively Swiss law with the exclusion of its international private law.
7. Any dispute arising out of or in relation to this Licence Agreement shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Swiss Rules of International Arbitration of the Swiss Chambers of Commerce in force on the date when the notice of arbitration is submitted in accordance with these rules. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The seat of the arbitration shall be Geneva, Switzerland. The arbitral proceedings shall be conducted in English.
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.