The Slovak Office of Standards, Metrology and Testing (SOSMT) is the central state administration body for technical standardization, metrology; and quality and conformity assessment.
The mission of SOSMT is to create and develop quality infrastructure tools. Its primary goal is to create a competitive and effective environment in Slovakia and to support the protection of consumers - each citizen.
The current activities of SOSMT in the field of industrial products cover:
- cross-industry competence; creation and development of quality infrastructure tools in the fields of standardization, metrology, conformity assessment; accreditation and market surveillance
- participation in the creation and performance of state policy in standardization, metrology; and quality and conformity assessment
- elaboration of state policy concept in the fields of standardization, metrology, and quality and conformity assessment
- drafting acts and government ordinances; and general binding legal regulations
- performing state administration and surveillance
- contracting international pacts and ensuring their compliance
SOSMT's standardization department performs the activities of the National Standards Body and fulfills the functions of the National Information Centre.