Systems and software engineering -- Information technology project performance benchmarking framework -- Part 2: Requirements for benchmarking
(Not available in French)
ISO/IEC 29155-2:2013 provides general requirements for processes of "the information technology (IT) project performance benchmarking framework" by prescribing:
- the requirements for the processes for individual activities within the benchmarking framework (e.g. conduct benchmarking, maintain repository, submit data),
- the tasks necessary to successfully execute activities and equip them with components, both of which are defined in ISO/IEC 29155-1.
- ISO/IEC 29155-2:2013 is intended for use by any stakeholder(s) of IT project performance benchmarking (e.g. benchmarking user, benchmark provider, benchmarking service provider, and IT project team).
The following are examples of how ISO/IEC 29155-2:2013 can be used:
- by a systems and software supplier to implement a benchmarking process to estimate and/or evaluate performance of an IT project,
- by a systems and software acquirer (or a third-party agent) for evaluating the performance of the supplier's IT project,
- by a benchmark provider to implement processes to collect and analyse IT project data and provide benchmarks,
- by a benchmarking service provider to implement various services (e.g. providing instruments for benchmarking, or conducting an instance of benchmarking for a benchmarking user).
ISO/IEC 29155-2:2013 does not prescribe how to utilize benchmarking results, nor does it prescribe the name, format, or explicit content of the documentation that results from the benchmarking processes.
Document published on: 2013-11-01 Edition: 1 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.080 Status: Published Stage: 60.60 (2013-10-30) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 Number of Pages: 24
This standard has not been revised
No corrigenda or amendments available