Safety and control devices for gas burners and gas-burning appliances -- Particular requirements -- Part 1: Automatic and semi-automatic valves
(Only available in English)
ISO 23551-1:2012 specifies safety, constructional and performance requirements and testing of automatic and semi-automatic shut-off valves for gas burners, gas appliances and appliances of similar use.
It applies to
- normally closed valves,
- valves being mounted upstream to gas burners and gas appliances,
- valves with declared maximum working pressures up to and including 500 kPa, for use on burners or in appliances using fuel gases as natural gas, manufactured gas or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG),
- valves directly or indirectly actuated, electrically or by mechanical means,
- valves actuated by hydraulic or pneumatic means,
- valves where the flow rate is controlled by external electrical signals, either in discrete steps or proportional to the applied signal, and
- valves fitted with closed position indicator switches.
ISO 23551-1:2012 covers type testing only.
Document published on: 2012-08-15 Edition: 2 (Monolingual) ICS: 27.060.20 Status: Published Stage: 60.60 (2012-08-08) TC/SC: ISO/TC 161 Number of Pages: 37
Revises: ISO 23551-1:2006
No corrigenda or amendments available