Automatic vehicle and equipment identification -- Electronic registration identification (ERI) for vehicles -- Part 3: Vehicle data
This standard has been revised by: ISO 24534-3:2016
ISO 24534-3:2010 provides requirements for electronic registration identification (ERI) that are based on an identifier assigned to a vehicle (e.g. for recognition by national authorities) suitable to be used for:
- electronic identification of local and foreign vehicles by national authorities;
- vehicle manufacturing, in-life maintenance and end-of-life identification (vehicle life cycle management);
- adaptation of vehicle data (e.g. for international resales);
- safety-related purposes;
- crime reduction;
- commercial services.
It adheres to privacy and data protection regulations.
ISO 24534-3:2010 defines the vehicle identification data. This data is called the ERI data and includes
- the vehicle identifier, and
- possible additional vehicle-related information (as typically included in a vehicle registration certificate).
All additional vehicle data elements are defined as optional. It is left to local legislation and/or the discretion of a registration authority to use or not to use a particular data element. If used, the value is assumed to be the one registered by the registration authority in accordance with local legislation. ISO 24534-3:2010 only provides the syntax for all these data elements.
Document published on: 2010-07 Edition: 1 (Monolingual) ICS: 03.220.20; 35.240.60 Status: Withdrawn Stage: 95.99 (2016-04-01) TC/SC: ISO/TC 204 Number of Pages:
Revised by: ISO 24534-3:2016
Revises: ISO/TS 24534-3:2008
No corrigenda or amendments available