This standard was last reviewed* in 2014.
ISO/IEC 18014 specifies time-stamping techniques. It consists of three parts, which include the general notion, models for a time-stamping service, data structures, and protocols.
ISO/IEC 18014-1:2008 describes a framework and defines the basic notion, the data structures, and protocols which are used for any time-stamping technique.
- identifies the objective of a time-stamping authority;
- describes a general model on which time-stamping services are based;
- describes a process of generating and verifying time-stamp;
- defines the data structures of time-stamp token;
- defines the basic protocols of time-stamping;
- specifies the protocols between the involved entities.
Document published on: 2008-09-01 Edition: 2 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.040 Status: Published Stage: 90.93 (2014-12-01) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27 Number of Pages: 28
Revises: ISO/IEC 18014-1:2002