Information technology -- Learning, education and training -- Conceptual Reference Model for Competency Information and Related Objects
(Not available in French)
ISO/IEC TR 24763:2011 provides a Conceptual Reference Model that comprises categories of items, attributes, and relationships. It can be used to identify the relationships between concepts represented within an information technology for learning, education and training (ITLET) system, such as competency, knowledge, skills, capabilities, qualifications, performance, and learning objectives. It can be used to identify related objects that are used to convey competency information. ISO/IEC TR 24763:2011 pertains to the exchange and integration of heterogeneous information relating to information technology (IT) systems that are used by learning, education and training (LET) organizations and their communities in order to manage, develop, describe, transfer or assess competency information or other related objects. The scope is further elaborated as follows.
- ISO/IEC TR 24763:2011 provides guidance regarding the level of detail and precision expected and required to describe, in relation to the ITLET Conceptual Reference Model, IT systems that are used to manage, develop, describe, transfer or assess competency information or other related objects within the LET fields.
- ISO/IEC TR 24763:2011 provides a definition of competency (ITLET) specific to competency as it is represented within an IT system. This definition is not domain dependent and acknowledges the unique challenges of representing competency information within IT systems.
- ISO/IEC TR 24763:2011 is intended specifically to introduce requisite contextual information, i.e. the environment, which can, for example, include information such as location description, duration, date and time.
- The exchange of relevant information from IT systems among LET organizations and their communities, and harmonization with their models, fall within the scope of ISO/IEC TR 24763:2011.
- ISO/IEC TR 24763:2011 introduces the topic of privacy needs as they relate to IT systems that are used by LET organizations in order to manage, develop, describe, transfer or assess competency information or other related objects.
- ISO/IEC TR 24763:2011 focuses on information about participants, related elements, and the respective relationships included within IT systems in LET that are used to manage, develop, describe, transfer or assess competency information or other related objects.
Document published on: 2011-06-01 Edition: 1 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.240.90 Status: Published Stage: 60.60 (2011-05-19) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 36 Number of Pages: 46
This standard has not been revised
No corrigenda or amendments available