Information technology -- Data interchange on 90 mm optical disk cartridges -- Capacity: 2,3 Gbytes per cartridge
(Only available in English)
This standard was last reviewed* in 2012.
ISO/IEC 22533:2005 defines the characteristics of 90 mm Optical Disk Cartridges (ODC) with a capacity of 2,3 GB per cartridge. It specifies only Type R/W for 2 048-byte sectors of such cartridge.
Type R/W provides for data to be written, read and erased many times over the entire recording surface of the disk using the thermo-magnetic and magneto-optical effects. It is also referred to as "fully rewritable". ISO/IEC 22533:2005 provides for 2 048-byte sectors only. All sectors on a disk are of the same size.
ISO/IEC 22533:2005 specifies:
- the conditions for conformance testing and the Reference Drive;
- the environments in which the cartridges are to be operated and stored;
- the mechanical and physical characteristics of the cartridge, so as to provide mechanical interchange ability between data processing systems;
- the format of the information on the disk, both embossed and user-written, including the physical disposition of the tracks and sectors, the error correction codes and the modulation method used;
- the characteristics of the embossed information on the disk;
- the magneto-optical characteristics of the disk, enabling processing systems to write data onto the disk;
- the minimum quality of user-written data on the disk, enabling data processing systems to read data from the disk.
ISO/IEC 22533:2005 provides for interchange between optical disk drives. Together with a standard for volume and file structure, it provides for full data interchange between data processing systems.
Document published on: 2005-07-01 Edition: 1 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.220.30 Status: Published Stage: 90.93 (2012-04-20) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 23 Number of Pages: 126
No revision information available
No corrigenda or amendments available