This standard has been revised by: ISO/IEC 7816-4:2013
ISO/IEC 7816-4:2005 specifies:
- contents of command-response pairs exchanged at the interface,
- means of retrieval of data elements and data objects in the card,
- structures and contents of historical bytes to describe operating characteristics of the card,
- structures for applications and data in the card, as seen at the interface when processing commands,
- access methods to files and data in the card,
- a security architecture defining access rights to files and data in the card,
- means and mechanisms for identifying and addressing applications in the card,
- methods for secure messaging,
- access methods to the algorithms processed by the card. It does not describe these algorithms.
It does not cover the internal implementation within the card or the outside world.
ISO/IEC 7816-4:2005 is independent from the physical interface technology. It applies to cards accessed by one or more of the following methods: contacts, close coupling, and radio frequency.
Document published on: 2005-01-15 Edition: 2 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.240.15 Status: Withdrawn Stage: 95.99 (2013-04-04) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 17 Number of Pages:
Revised by: ISO/IEC 7816-4:2013
Revises: ISO/IEC 7816-4:1995
Revises: ISO/IEC 7816-4:1995/Amd 1:1997
Revises: ISO/IEC 7816-5:1994
Revises: ISO/IEC 7816-5:1994/Amd 1:1996
Revises: ISO/IEC 7816-6:1996
Revises: ISO/IEC 7816-6:1996/Amd 1:2000
Revises: ISO/IEC 7816-6:1996/Cor 1:1998
Revises: ISO/IEC 7816-8:1999
Revises: ISO/IEC 7816-9:2000