This standard was last reviewed* in 2013.
ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004 specifies a card application. This application contains information on cryptographic functionality. Further, ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004 defines a common syntax (in ASN.1) and format for the cryptographic information and mechanisms to share this information whenever appropriate.
ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004 supports the following capabilities:
- storage of multiple instances of cryptographic information in a card;
- use of the cryptographic information;
- retrieval of the cryptographic information;
- cross-referencing of the cryptographic information with DOs defined in ISO/IEC 7816 when appropriate;
- different authentication mechanisms; and
- multiple cryptographic algorithms.
Edition: 1 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.240.15 Status: Published Stage: 90.92 (2013-10-29) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 17 Number of Pages: 70
Revised by: ISO/IEC DIS 7816-15