ISO/IEC 13251:2004 is a bilingual standard (English/French). It provides a certain number of graphical symbols that are typically used on office equipment such as computers, printers, telephones and copying machines.
It comprises four sections:
- Section 1 giving general information, provisions and requirements about the use and application of graphical symbols;
- Section 2 providing an alphabetical index, a numerical index and a graphical overview of all the graphical symbols described in Section 4 of the Standard;
- Section 3 presenting the graphical symbols selected with the corresponding application, in numerical order;
- Section 4 containing the symbol originals for reproduction purposes, in numerical order, with the position and size of each graphical symbol described.
Each graphical symbol in Section 3 of the Standard is specified with:
- the symbol itself;
- a number that is the application symbol number from the International Standard (ISO 7000 or IEC 60417) from which it is derived;
- its definition;
- a note for technical clarification when necessary.
Document published on: 2004-05-15 Edition: 1 (Bilingual) ICS: 35.020; 01.080.20 Status: Published Stage: 90.92 (2014-06-06) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 35 Number of Pages: 195
Revised by: ISO/IEC DIS 13251
Revises: ISO 4062:1977
Revises: ISO/IEC 6329:1989
No corrigenda or amendments available