This standard was last reviewed* in 2015.
ISO/IEC 9798-5:2009 specifies entity authentication mechanisms using zero-knowledge techniques:
- mechanisms based on identities and providing unilateral authentication;
- mechanisms based on integer factorization and providing unilateral authentication;
- mechanisms based on discrete logarithms with respect to numbers that are either prime or composite, and providing unilateral authentication;
- mechanisms based on asymmetric encryption systems and providing either unilateral authentication, or mutual authentication;
- mechanisms based on discrete logarithms on elliptic curves and providing unilateral authentication.
These mechanisms are constructed using the principles of zero-knowledge techniques, but they are not necessarily zero-knowledge according to the strict definition for every choice of parameters.
Document published on: 2009-12-15 Edition: 3 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.040 Status: Published Stage: 90.93 (2015-08-27) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27 Number of Pages: 53
Revises: ISO/IEC 9798-5:2004
No corrigenda or amendments available