This standard was last reviewed* in 2009.
ISO/IEC 15444-2:2004 defines a set of lossless (bit-preserving) and lossy compression methods for coding continuous-tone, bi-level, grey-scale, colour digital still images, or multi-component images.
- specifies extended decoding processes for converting compressed image data to reconstructed image data;
- specifies an extended codestream syntax containing information for interpreting the compressed image data;
- specifies an extended file format;
- specifies a container to store image metadata;
- defines a standard set of image metadata;
- provides guidance on extended encoding processes for converting source image data to compressed image data;
- provides guidance on how to implement these processes in practice.
Document published on: 2004-05-15 Edition: 1 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.040 Status: Published Stage: 90.92 (2014-06-06) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 Number of Pages: 321
Revised by: ISO/IEC DIS 15444-2