ISO/TR 19122:2004 is applicable to the following aspects of the field of Geographic Information/Geomatics:
- To develop a Type 3 report, which describes a system for the qualification and certification, by a central independent body, of personnel in the field of Geographic Information/Geomatics.
- To define the boundaries between Geographic Information/ Geomatics and other related disciplines and professions.
- To specify technologies and tasks pertaining to Geographic Information/Geomatics.
- To establish skill sets and competency levels for technologists, professional staff and management in the field.
- To research the relationship between this initiative and other similar certification processes performed by existing professional associations.
- To develop a plan for the accreditation of candidate institutions and programs, for the certification of individuals in the workforce, and for collaboration with other professional bodies.
Document published on: 2004-11-15 Edition: 1 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.240.70 Status: Published Stage: 60.60 (2004-11-23) TC/SC: ISO/TC 211 Number of Pages: 99
No revision information available
No corrigenda or amendments available