Information technology -- Biometric data interchange formats -- Part 6: Iris image data
(Not available in French)
ISO/IEC 19794-6:2011 specifies iris image interchange formats for biometric enrolment, verification and identification systems. The image information might be stored as
- an array of intensity values optionally compressed with ISO/IEC 15948 or ISO/IEC 15444, or
- an array of intensity values optionally compressed with ISO/IEC 15948 or ISO/IEC 15444 that might be cropped around the iris, with the iris at the centre, and which might incorporate region-of-interest masking of non-iris regions.
ISO/IEC 19794-6:2011 does not establish
- requirements on the optical specifications of cameras,
- requirements on photometric properties of iris images, or
- requirements on enrolment processes, workflow and use of iris equipment.
Document published on: 2011-10 Edition: 2 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.240.15 Status: Published Stage: 90.60 (2016-12-07) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 Number of Pages: 19
Revises: ISO/IEC 19794-6:2005