Information technology -- Security techniques -- Hash-functions -- Part 3: Dedicated hash-functions
(Only available in English)
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed* in 2013.
ISO/IEC 10118-3:2004 specifies the following seven dedicated hash-functions, i.e. specially-designed hash-functions:
- the first hash-function (RIPEMD-160) in Clause 7 provides hash-codes of lengths up to 160 bits;
- the second hash-function (RIPEMD-128) in Clause 8 provides hash-codes of lengths up to 128 bits;
- the third hash-function (SHA-1) in Clause 9 provides hash-codes of lengths up to 160 bits;
- the fourth hash-function (SHA-256) in Clause 10 provides hash-codes of lengths up to 256 bits;
- the fifth hash-function (SHA-512) in Clause 11 provides hash-codes of lengths up to 512 bits;
- the sixth hash-function (SHA-384) in Clause 12 provides hash-codes of a fixed length, 384 bits; and
- the seventh hash-function (WHIRLPOOL) in Clause 13 provides hash-codes of lengths up to 512 bits.
For each of these dedicated hash-functions, ISO/IEC 10118-3:2004 specifies a round-function that consists of a sequence of sub-functions, a padding method, initializing values, parameters, constants, and an object identifier as normative information, and also specifies several computation examples as informative information.
Document published on: 2004-03-01 Edition: 3 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.040 Status: Published Stage: 90.92 (2014-07-19) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27 Number of Pages: 94
Revised by: ISO/IEC DIS 10118-3
Revises: ISO/IEC 10118-3:2003