ISO/IEC 15944-7:2009 provides a consolidated vocabulary of eBusiness concepts as found and defined in ISO/IEC 14662 and the existing parts of ISO/IEC 15944, namely, Parts 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 along with their associated terms.
ISO/IEC 15944-7:2009 provides the rules, guidelines and procedures governing the formation of definitions for concepts relevant to eBusiness and choice of terms as a single, harmonized and integrated controlled vocabulary. This includes those governing multilingual expandability which incorporates and integrates cultural capability.
As such, ISO/IEC 15944-7:2009 facilitates the production of human interface equivalents (HIEs) of eBusiness terms and definitions in the various official (and de facto) languages of ISO members.
ISO/IEC 15944-7:2009 identifies the essential elements of an entry in this controlled vocabulary as well as their rules and specifications. It also includes rules for ensuring quality and integrity control requirement for each entry and the interworking among the entries while doing so in an IT-enabled manner. It also addresses maintenance and update procedures.
ISO/IEC 15944-7:2009 is built on ISO/IEC 14662 and the existing Parts 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 of ISO/IEC 15944. The exclusions which apply to one or more of these International Standards apply to ISO/IEC 15944-7:2009
ISO/IEC 15944-7:2009 does not currently support the following requirements (in no particular order):
- the more detailed level of rules (and possible more detailed level of granularity) for the essential elements of “eBusiness vocabulary” entry, as currently specified in 5.3;
- the more detailed level of rules for change management of the eBusiness vocabulary. It is most likely that these will be addressed in the second edition (and will be based on or harmonized with the rules in ISO/IEC 15944-2:2006, Clause 6.5 “Registration Status”);
- the inclusion of added non-essential, i.e. conditional or optional, elements for a controlled vocabulary entry;
- the addition of eBusiness concepts with their definitions and associated terms which are not found in ISO/IEC 14662 or any part of ISO/IEC 15944;
- the ability to be able to fully support the set of external constraints of jurisdictional documents pertaining to individual accessibility requirements;
- the provision of Human Interface Equivalents (HIEs) of jurisdictional domains which are administrative sub-divisions of a UN member state;
- the identification of and rules for “non-essential” or optional elements of an entry in the controlled vocabulary;
- the incorporation of individual accessibility requirements, (e.g. as summarized in the UN Convention on the Rights of Disabled Persons);
- the establishment of a Registration Authority;
- the development of a “template” of the nature found in the other parts of ISO/IEC 15944.
It is anticipated that some or all of these requirements will be addressed in future editions of this part of ISO/IEC 15944, in companion International Standards, or in Technical Reports.
ISO/IEC 15944-7:2009 does not assume nor endorse any specific system environment, database management system, database design paradigm, system development methodology, data definition language, command language, system interface, user interface, syntax, computing platform, or any technology required for implementation , i.e. it is information technology neutral. At the same time, ISO/IEC 15944-7:2009 maximizes an IT-enabled approach to its implementation and maximizes semantic interoperability.
Edition: 1 (Monolingual) ICS: 01.040.35; 35.240.60 Status: Published Stage: 90.92 (2014-07-31) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 32 Number of Pages: 311
Revised by: ISO/IEC DIS 15944-7