ISO/TS 10303-1624:2006 specifies the application module for AP210 package functional and physical characterization.
ISO/TS 10303-1624:2006 deals with the representation of functional and physical characterization data for items used as containers or encapsulant for electrical components. ISO/TS 10303-1624:2006 includes the following information:
- lead form classification support,
- predefined feature classification,
- material identification,
- environmental constraints,
- performance data, and
- simulation models.
Formal encapsulation of external data type definitions is made for parametric data and analysis models. Terminal identification is provided to ensure consistency between 2D and 3D geometric models. Package body material is included. Terminals may have core and surface materials. Terminals may be separate from or integral to the package body surface.
Shape, material, technology, tolerance on shape and on parameters, and units are included.
Extensive support for orientation synchronization between enterprises and between 2D and 3D representations is provided.
Shapes included may be categorized according to discipline (e.g, thermal analysis, vibration analysis), and analysis environment (e.g., assembly, end-user). Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing is included.
Complex packages may be treated by the design owner as an interconnect product while publishing the information in package as the customer view as in an interface control document but as a model. Formal reference information to a defining document is provided.
Configuration management information and design change management information is provided.
This data includes at least one geometric representation.
The following are within the scope of ISO/TS 10303-1624:2006:
- package physical characterization;
- package geometric functional characterization;
- package terminal functional characterization;
- package body geometrical characterization;
- package body material characterization;
- package terminal material characterization;
- mapping to package simulation model for mechanical analysis.