Information technology -- Interoperability with assistive technology (AT) -- Part 3: IAccessible2 accessibility application programming interface (API)
(Not available in French)
ISO/IEC TR 13066:2012 provides an overview to the structure and terminology of the IAccessible2 accessibility API.
- a description of the overall architecture and terminology of the API;
- further introductory explanations regarding the content and use of the API beyond those found in Annex A of ISO/IEC 13066-1;
- an overview of the main properties, including:
- of user interface elements,
- of how to get and set focus,
- of communication mechanisms in the API;
- a discussion of design considerations for the API (e.g. pointers to external sources of information on accessibility guidance related to using the API);
- information on extending the API (and where this is appropriate);
- an introduction to the programming interface of the API (including pointers to external sources of information).
It provides this information as an introduction to the IAccessible2 API to assist:
- IT system level developers who create custom controls and/or interface to them;
- AT developers involved in programming "hardware to software" and "software to software" interactions.
Document published on: 2012-09 Edition: 1 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.180; 11.180.99 Status: Published Stage: 60.60 (2012-09-07) TC/SC: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 35 Number of Pages: 22
This standard has not been revised
No corrigenda or amendments available