- defines a reference Land Administration Domain Model (LADM) covering basic information-related components of land administration (including those over water and land, and elements above and below the surface of the earth);
- provides an abstract, conceptual model with four packages related to parties (people and organizations); basic administrative units, rights, responsibilities, and restrictions (ownership rights); spatial units (parcels, and the legal space of buildings and utility networks); spatial sources (surveying), and spatial representations (geometry and topology);
- provides terminology for land administration, based on various national and international systems, that is as simple as possible in order to be useful in practice. The terminology allows a shared description of different formal or informal practices and procedures in various jurisdictions;
- provides a basis for national and regional profiles; and
- enables the combining of land administration information from different sources in a coherent manner.
Document published on: 2012-12 Edition: 1 (Monolingual) ICS: 35.240.70 Status: Published Stage: 60.60 (2012-11-19) TC/SC: ISO/TC 211 Number of Pages: 118
This standard has not been revised
No corrigenda or amendments available