International Standards bring technological, economic and societal benefits. They help to harmonize technical specifications of products and services, making industry more efficient and breaking down barriers to international trade. International Standards also contribute effectively to sustainability, by providing good practices on the use of technologies and the management of processes affecting economic, social and environmental aspects.
Educational institutions are increasingly recognizing these benefits and international standardization features in many curricula. We recognize the vital contribution educational institutions bring to raising awareness of standardization and its benefits, and are keen to support their work.
Some of the actions we have taken are highlighted below:
- A repository of resources and teaching materials.
- Awards to promote education institutions leading the way in standardization.
- Organization (in partnership with IEC and ITU) of the World Standards Cooperation academic days.
- Promoting cooperation between standards bodies and education institutions in developing countries.
- Contribution to postgraduate courses.