The Direction de la Normalisation, de la Promotion de la Qualité et de la Métrologie (DNPQM) is the national body of Niger responsible for establishing national policy for standardization, quality and metrology.
The functions of DNPQM are to
- Define and establish national policies regarding standardization, certification, accreditation, quality promotion and metrology
- establish and track annual work programs of standardization
- provide standardization committees with information required for their work
- ensure that key stakeholders are represented in standardization committees
- launch draft standards adopted by standardization committees for public inquiries
- present standards drafts to the Minister responsible for standardization to ensure their inclusion as Nigerois standards
- publish approval orders of Nigerois standards in the Official Journal
- code and edit the Nigerois standards and all normative document
- exclusive selling of Nigerois standards and of normative standards and documents edited by foreign, regional or international organizations engaged in similar activities
- oversee certification and inspection bodies
- participate in regional and international standardization work
- promote quality management in national corporations
- promote metrology activities
DNPQM is a member of the West African Secretariat of Metrology (SOAMET) and of the Intra-Africa Metrology System (AFRIMETS).