The Standards Association of Zimbabwe (SAZ) is the National Standards Body for Zimbabwe. Formed in 1957 and incorporated in 1960, the Association is a non-governmental and a non-profit organization.
SAZ's mission is: "To facilitate the development and use of national standards in order to enhance Zimbabwe's competitiveness and safeguard the welfare of communities".
The principal functions of the Association are :
- to prepare and publish Zimbabwe National Standards;
- to promote an understanding of standards requirements by offering standards-based training;
- to provide technical services for the testing of manufactured goods and raw materials and calibration of equipment;
- to encourage the use of Zimbabwe Standards by operating Certification / Registration schemes;
- to provide information services on national, foreign national, regional and international standards;
- to provide, on behalf of Government, a WTO TBT Enquiry Point on standards and conformity assessment information.